Amsterdam, January second, 2023 – We’re already a couple of days into the new year. A new year… means all sorts of new things. Not only will we decide on New Year’s resolutions for 2023, there will also be a lot of new changes coming our way in 2023 when it comes to cars! New cars on the market, new inventions, new laws and regulations. We can’t predict the future, but we did already list a couple of things you can expect this year as an electric driver. To follow up; the cars we can expect to be released in 2023.
New developments are made at lightning speed when it comes to EV innovations. A lot of car brands have the goal to solely produce electric vehicles by 2025. This is, among other reasons, ultimately tied to legislation surrounding the climate agreement. The government has set a goal: in 2030, every new car sold needs to be emission free. For the lease market, that moment of being 100% emission free is supposed to be even sooner than that: in 2025. This has not been officially confirmed yet, it’s best to be prepared!
Every car brand wants to move with their time, and release new electric cars. The sleeker and smoother the better, equipped with the newest technology, and most comfortable seats. Manufacturer’s love showing what they’ve got. Every year, the amount of electric cars in The Netherlands grows, which means the range of cars available grows as well. We made a list of the car models that are braving the market in 2023:
- Volkswagen ID Aero: a big competitor of the Tesla Model S with a range of 620 kilometers;
- Volkswagen ID Buzz: the electric edition of the VW T1 Flower Power Van with a range of 424 kilometers;
- Mercedes EQS-SUV: the first electric Mercedes SUV with a range of 356 kilometers;
- Audi A6 Avant E-Tron: one of the new models that has been developed in cooperation with Porsche, with a range of 700 kilometers;
- Mercedes-Benz EQXX: this lease car has a range of a staggering 1000 kilometers;
- Hyundai IONIQ 7: the popular SUV keeps evolving, with a range of 507 kilometers;
- Kia EV9: up until now the spaciest electric Kia SUV, with a range of 483 kilometers;
- Tesla Cybertruck: the long awaited Tesla release, with a range of 804 kilometers;
- Tesla Roadster: an electric car with a range of 970 kilometers, and speeds of up to 400 kilometers an hour;
- Subaru Solterra: Subaru is also introducing an electric SUV with a range of 350 kilometers;
- Maserati Grecale Trofeo: the first electric Maserati model, with a range of 571 kilometers;
- Opel Astra-E: the Astra as both a hatchback, as well as a Sports Tourer with a range of 416 kilometers;